Signed in as:
Art Gallery. Exhibitions. Workshops. Yoga & Art Classes for Kids. Portfolio Prep. Birthday Parties.
Theme: "How We See" In this exhibition, artists are invited to share their perspective on life, making art, meaning, contemporary issues, or stories from the artist point of view. The stories we tell from aesthetics to narratives shape our artistic style. "How We See" is an opportunity for artists to showcase their work and share these stories and perspectives. All entries MUST depict or be inspired by the unique and natural style of the artist. Subject matter is open-ended and developed in such a manner to lend freedom of expression in creativity for each artist!
Eligibility: Open to living artists in the United States, working in visual art media, age 18 and over. Artwork must be original work created by the artist within the last five (5) years. Artwork must be for sale.
Size Limits: For two-dimensional art and photography, the artwork should not exceed 48” width and 60” height. Freestanding work should not be more than 50 lbs. Wall Art: Framed and canvas-wrapped artwork must be ready to hang with professional hanging wire attached (no sawtooth or bracket hangers, triangles, tape, etc.).
Entry Fee: $15 (USD) entry fee is for 1 submitted image per artist.
Eligible Art: All 2-dimensional art welcome and any 3-dimensional artwork that fits on a pedestal. Photography, fabric, and journal pages are also welcomed if prepared for hanging. Enter your art submissions online using the "Submission Page" button to the right.
Two-Dimensional: Paintings and Works on Paper; including oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, mixed media, drawing, etching, printmaking, chalk, charcoal, colored pencil, crayon, graphite, pastels, collage, inks and washes, digital art, and wax.
Photography: Color or black and white, digital or film.
Three-Dimensional: Sculpture, assemblage, freestanding or wall hanging pieces, including wood, metal, stone, glass, mosaics, ceramics, fiber, fabric, recycled materials, or mixed media.
Submissions must be the artist's original work.
Entries MUST be for sale and priced. Artwork labeled as "NFS" will be juried out.
Juror: Emmanuel Gillespie, Pencil on Paper Gallery, Owner & Artist
Preparing Your Art: Accepted artwork MUST be ready-to-hang.
Submit artwork using "Submission Form" button to the right.
Pay for submission using "Submission Entry Fee" button below.
Accepted entries will be notified on December 27th at 12pm.
We will be notifying accepted entries by email. If you do NOT receive an email by end of day on Sunday, December 27th, then your art was not accepted into this show.
Sales: All work must remain on display for the duration of the show. A 50% commission on works sold during the show will be retained by Pencil on Paper Gallery. Artists will receive payment for sold artwork within 30 days of close of show.
CLOSE OF EXHIBITION: April 9th, 2021. Unsold artwork should be picked up at Pencil on Paper Gallery on Saturday, April, 10th (from 12 to 3 pm). Other times can be made by prior arrangement.
Artists selected for the juried exhibition will receive further instructions and an Artist Agreement by email.
*Accepted entries MUST be ready to drop-off at the gallery on Monday, February 13th between 12pm-3pm. Shipped entries must arrive the weekend before.
*Late drop-offs will not be included in the show. Photography entries should be printed ahead of time before being submitted.
Artist submission form... (All entries that are not accompanied by a paid entry fee will be discarded.)
We have made a few changes in how we operate at P.O.P. Gallery. Each class will be reduced in size to allow us to socially distance easier. In addition to this, we will be doing the following below to create the best and safest experience for everyone:
1. We are practicing social distancing (so please stay at least six feet apart from other patrons.)
2. We are wearing masks and ask that you and your children wear them during your time at the gallery. Masks should be worn at all times.
3. We are cleaning high-touch surfaces in accordance with the CDC's guidelines.
4. We ask that you come right at your drop-off and pick-up times so that the high traffic areas in the gallery will be kept clear during transitions. Parents, we ask that you wait in cars instead of our parent waiting room this Fall. We apologize for the inconvenience!
5. We have contact free payment options available, so you can pay for p.o.p. merch, artwork, and/or classes touch-free. (Venmo/PayPal/CashApp/Online)
6. We will have a hand sanitizing station at the doorway to the gallery, along with one in the kitchen area and in the back studio.
7. We will have a COVID-19 risk and liability waiver for parents to sign on the first day upon drop-off.
8. We will be performing no contact temperature checks for all children coming in for class. If your child is experiencing symptoms please do not bring them to the gallery. If your child or family members have recently vacationed in high-risk/exposed areas, or if family members are not well, please consider the risk you are placing our patrons, and other children before entering the gallery.
9. We have updated our gallery hours and are operating by appointment only on most days in the week. Please scroll all the way down to see revised gallery hours.
10. Finally, students will have their own supplies to keep up with! We will not be sharing materials in classes this Fall.
This will be a new way to take classes with us at P.O.P. Gallery, and now more than ever, we're committed to giving you and your children the highest level of service that you have come to expect from us!
We are excited that you have chosen us to deliver quality art programming for you and your sweet kiddos.
We thank you for your continued support!
Click the link below to learn more about our city and the protocols in place for small businesses in our Farmers Branch location.
June 1, 2019 - July 14, 2019
July 22, 2019 - September 14, 2019
September 23 - November 12, 2019
November 18 - January 24, 2019
February 1 - 22, 2020
March 7 - June 7, 2020
June 8 - August 8, 2020
October 24 - December 24, 2020
Abstract artist, Dr. Valerie Gillespie uses color theory and texture to present moments in time. Remnants of the past contrast with expectations of the future in each composition, as images battle within the same space for recognition of their truth. Read more about Valerie on our "Meet the Owners" page!
Emmanuel Gillespie presents images of water with mixed media imagery. His large-scale work is based on the concept of water as it holds memories and the relationship between those we encounter from our past. Read more about Emmanuel on our "Meet the Owners" page!
One of our favorite short films... Happy New School Year, friends!
GALLERY FALL/WINTER/SPRING HOURS
Monday (By Appointment Only)
Tuesday 5:00pm - 6:00 pm
Wednesday (By Appointment Only)
Thursday (By Appointment Only)
Friday (By Appointment Only)
Saturday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
14466 Midway Rd., Farmers Branch, TX 75244